posted on May 12, 2011 02:24
Using exaU2I USB-I2S 384 kHz/32bit Eight Channel Transceiver with AlbumPlayer
AlbumPlayer is a stylish and versatile music player offering out of the box outstanding set of features, including:
- Unmatched user interface
- Touch-screen layouts with integrated onscreen keyboard
- Touch-screen optimized behavior for living room or car environment
- Momentum scrolling as seen on modern smart phones
- MCE Remote Control support via an add-on
- Native ASIO support for audiophile listeners
- Support for FLAC, WAV, APE, WavPack, WMA, MP3 and other formats
- Artist-related data and images with links to AMG, last.fm, Wikipedia
- Party Mode
- MiniLyrics integration
- Unlimited free updates
The latest version of Album Player has excellent multi-channel ASIO support. We achieved flawless playback at sampling rates from 44.1 to 384 kHz.
Setup of AlbumPlayer with exaU2I is really simple:
- We assume that the exaU2I drivers are already installed. Check the exaU2I D.I.Y. Guide for step by step instructions.
- Download AlbumPlayer from http://www.albumplayer.com/download.htm
- Perform Standard installation.
- AlbumPlayer comes with a sample music library. Later you can import your music collection
- Click on the Preferences button - the blue gear icon on the top of the application window. You will see the Preferences panel
- On the Preferences panel click on the Preferences button. You will see the Preferences window
- In the tree select the Audio node.
- Check the ASIO Support Enabled checkbox
- Select exaU2I DB in the drop-down below
- In the ASIO Channels dropdown select All Channels
- That's all. You are ready to drag and drop some tracks in the play list.
Here is exaU2I and AlbumPlayer playing 5.1 surround
exaU2I and AlbumPlayer playing at 384 kHz
exaU2I and AlbumPlayer playing at 352.8 kHz